Trademarks & Intellectual Property
Contact an Intellectual Property Law & Trademark Attorney
Are you looking for a Trademarks and Intellectual Property Attorney
in Maryland, Virginia or the Washington DC area?
In order to distinguish oneself from competitors, a Trademark is used oftentimes as a catalyst that has the power to transform a small start-up company into a nationally-recognized brand. This is true because a Trademark has the power to create goodwill and trust in the community, especially in this day and age of increased need for speedy services and outstanding quality. We take a very serious approach to Trademark protection, and therefore work closely with our clients to help establish and protect well-researched and unique word marks, logos, symbols, slogans, and designs.
What are the steps involved to secure a trademark in Washington DC?
Step 1 – Consult with a licensed trademark attorney about your business/idea and proposed trademark related to your business/idea
Step 2 – Perform a trademark search to predict the chances of your trademark’s allowance
Step 3 – File a trademark application along with a specimen of use to establish a date of first use in commerce
Step 4 – Receive an Office Action from the USPTO, and respond to the Office Action (a.k.a., the trademark prosecution phase)
Step 5 – After your trademark application is allowed, your mark will be published in the Official Gazette at the USPTO for 30 days, after which you will be issued a trademark with a registration number (pending no oppositions to your mark)
What are some of the Trademark-related services that The Iwashko Law Firm provides?
- Providing advice for clients regarding their potential trademark portfolios
- Performing Trademark and Service Mark Searches (including word marks, slogans, and logos) that include Federal, State, and Common Law Search Results
- Drafting Trademark and Service Mark Use Opinions based on Search Results
- Consulting with Clients to help amend their Trademark ideas
- Prosecuting Trademarks before the USPTO, and conducting Trademark Examiner Interviews to expedite allowance
- Representing Clients in Opposition and/or Cancellation Proceedings
- Review of Product Literature/Labeling and Websites for proper Trademark Usage
- Representing Clients in Internet Domain Name and Trademark Use Disputes
- Providing Trademark Infringement and Licensing Opinions
- Facilitating the Trademark Licensing Process